Guar gum has applications in diverse fields due to its cost effective thickening and emulsifying properties:
- In processed food as a thickener & stabilizer and in meat products as a preservative & lubricating agent.
- In Bakery and confectionary as a moisture retention agent and as a dough conditioner. It also maintains texture, color uniformity, and prevents synerisis due to water-binding properties.
- In snacks and puddings for adherence of toppings and as a gelling agent.
- In beverage it provides better mouth feel and stable viscosity.
- In sauces, pickles, and in soups it thickens and controls water oil phase and prevents crystallization.
- In pet food preparations it is used as a binder, thickener, stabilizer, and suspending agent.
In oil well drilling mud Guar gum gives a better colloid thereby reducing water losses. It regulates the viscosity of mud solution, stabilizes and regulates the flow properties of the drilling mud. It is used as a fracturing gel in oil and gas well for stimulation. Our fast hydrating guar grade MG280FH is one of the fastest hydrating products available in the market.
Guar gum is widely used as a cost effective tackifier for hydroseeding and often preblended with hydromulch. Guar gum provides the "stickiness" to hold the mulch fiber and retains moisture to aid in the germination process of the seed. MG Ingredients' MG135F and MG250F are well accepted for this application.
Guar gum is used in making liquid shoring fluids for slurry walls. It provides support to the trenches and prevents them for collapsing. MG250F and MG135F are ideally suited to this application.
In explosives it acts as water proofing agent, and gives better gelling and swelling.
Guar Gum provides better properties compared to substitutes. It gives denser surface to the paper used for printing. Guar Gum imparts improved writing properties, better bonding strength and increased hardness. Due to improved adhesion, it gives better breaking, mullen and folding strengths.
Guar Gum gives excellent film forming and thickening properties when used for textile sizing, finishing and printing. It reduces warp breakage, reduces dusting while sizing and gives better efficiency in production.